Re: Fix ltdl files installation (was: branch 2.0, make install DESTDIR=)

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Fix ltdl files installation (was: branch 2.0, make install DESTDIR=)
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 11:05:39 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

Thanks, also to Peter.

I was unsure whether libtoolize should be changed to copy in order as
well (and _not_ preserve time stamps).  A `libtoolize --copy --force'
would then assure that copied files are newer than any other files in
the existing source tree, which may or may not matter for other build
rules not under libltdl's control.  Does anybody think this is worth-
while?

I do believe it is worthwhile for installed files to reflect the time that they were installed rather than some other date. Besides providing a record of system updates, timestamps may be of value to other build tools.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn