Re: Call for help: Solaris C++ and Sun CC

From: Albert Chin
Subject: Re: Call for help: Solaris C++ and Sun CC
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 22:07:24 -0500

On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 03:46:13PM +0200, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> So I looked around.  I've found this documentation
> http://docs-pdf.sun.com/806-7982/806-7982.pdf (page 21):
>
> | The Sun WorkShop 6 update 2 C++ compiler (5.3) includes a shared
> | version of the libCstd library.
> | To use the shared version of libCstd, do the following:
> | 1. As superuser, manually create the following symbolic links.
> |
> | example% ln -s /usr/lib/libCstd.so.1 \
> |   /opt/SUNWSpro/lib/libCstd.so
> | example% ln -s /usr/lib/libCstd.so.1 \
> |   /opt/SUNWSpro/lib/v8plus/libCstd.so
> | example% ln -s /usr/lib/sparcv9/libCstd.so.1 \
> |   /opt/SUNWSpro/lib/v9/libCstd.so

We have this compiler on a Solaris 2.6 system and none of
/opt/SUNWSpro/lib/libCstd.so, /opt/SUNWSpro/lib/v8plus/libCstd.so, and
/opt/SUNWSpro/lib/v9/libCstd.so exist. There is no libCstd.so anywhere
in /opt/SUNWspro/lib.

Other bits of useful info:
  http://forum.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=25908

> I'd like any feedback about possible solutions, general ideas about the
> issue, or just how *your* Sun CC is set up (with or without these links
> etc.).

Unfortunately, we don't have CC v5.4 to test against. However,
everything about 5.5 works with the patch. I say we gamble and ignore
everything below CC v5.4 for this patch.

--
albert chin (address@hidden)