Re: how to implement a spy?

From: Andreas Jellinghaus
Subject: Re: how to implement a spy?
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 15:20:18 +0200

Hi,

> Hmm.  Are you trying to load both pkcs11-spy.so with lt_dlopen and
> also from within that the other plugins with lt_dlopen?
>
> If so: you are using CVS HEAD Libtool, right?
> (1.5.x versions do not really support dlopening from within libraries).

no, only 1.5.4 (debian sarge, libltdl3).
to avoid symbol conflicts we use libltdl3 as shared library.

both pkcs11-spy.so uses libltdl3 and opensc-pkcs11.so uses libopensc.so.1
which also uses litltdl3. plugins everywhere.

> Well, to put it in a pessimistic way: since we don't have a test for
> this kind of setup (where the same symbols are loaded), I suppose that
> it probably does not work.
>
> To put it in an optimistic way: your application would be a wonderful
> test case to debug libltdl in this respect, and make this work.  :)
> Well, there are several issues to think about: First, I would not even
> know without searching some docs whether this can be made to work on all
> kinds of systems; static-only wouldn't, but you knew that :)
> But also on AIX, or OS X or win32, for that matter, I would assume that
> we may need adaptations.
>
> Is your code open, can we inspect it?  Even better, do you have small
> test cases to show what needs to be achieved?

that would be great, as I don't even know where to start.
www.opensc.org/opensc/ (web page) and www.opensc.org/files/testing/
has the a preview version of 0.10 which now uses libltdl instead
of our own older wrapper "scdl".

for real using of opensc you might need a smart card, debugging could
also be quite limited without :(

Regards, Andreas

--
To: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden