Re: Support for creating shared C++ libraries on BeOS

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Support for creating shared C++ libraries on BeOS
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 18:29:15 +0200

Hi Christian,

* Christian Biesinger wrote on Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 08:51:32PM CEST:
> Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> >branch-2-0 is dead, 2.0 will be released from what is now CVS HEAD.

> Ah, thank you for the checkins. The 2.0 branch status is somewhat
> unclear on the webpage, which says:
*snip*
> There is a contradiction here! :)

Should be fixed now.  Thanks for mentioning!

> >Maybe you could take a look at the FIXME mentioned?
>
> Hm, the gcc I have here (the one shipped with Zeta 1.0) does not accept
> --undefined... it seems to convert it to -fundefined and then complains
> about "unrecognized option -fundefined". ld doesn't accept it either.

OK then.

> >Also, we love to see testsuite output.. ;-)
>
> Hmm, 8 testsuite failures on the current branch-1-5 on Zeta 1.0.
> mdemo-exec and mdemo-inst fail 3 times each, mdemo2-exec fails once, and
> link-order fails.
>
> link-order has apparently some unresolved references to b_new and c in
> liba.a.

This shows (at least) two issues: first, there is a backport missing in
the test to add `-no-undefined', second deplibs addition is broken in
case of missing `-no-undefined'.  Dunno whether it's worth to try to fix
the latter, but I'll be responding to your mail (on the libtool-patches
list) with a patch to fix the former.

* Christian Biesinger wrote on Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 10:15:02PM CEST:

> And here, the log of make test for HEAD. 5 tests failed... most with
> "invalid loader". Something wrong with libltdl?

Thanks.  Could you also try
  make check TESTS=

on CVS HEAD and send tests/testsuite.log with the failures, but only
after running `cvs update' to get a missing `-no-undefined' fix into the
new HEAD testsuite?

Also maybe $top_builddir/config.log would be interesting, as would
output of `make' (i.e., compiler warnings while building libltdl).
Also, do you have a pointer to good online BeOS system documentation?