Re: mode=link and full path to dependent shared library?

From: Tim Mooney
Subject: Re: mode=link and full path to dependent shared library?
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 10:05:15 -0500 (CDT)

In regard to: Re: mode=link and full path to dependent shared library?,...:

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 09:40:18AM -0500, Tim Mooney wrote:
In regard to: Re: mode=link and full path to dependent shared library?,...:

If so, shouldn't
lib-link be producing that as deplib instead?  I.e., aspell should be
using the value of LTLIBINTL instead, I believe.

I did notice that LTLIBINTL was correct (i.e. used -L/local/gnu/lib -lintl
instead of /local/gnu/lib/libintl.so) but that's not what aspell was
using (it's using LIBINTL).

Seems like an easier fix to use LTLIBINTL than my patch :) Tim, want
to submit a patch to the aspell folks?

:-)  That's more or less what prompted my original question on this list,
about documentation for how libtool should be handling it.  I wanted to
know if it was libtool that was doing something incorrectly, or aspell.
I'm still not sure.  ;-)

What I haven't yet tested is what LTLIBINTL looks like on systems that
have libintl.so but don't have a libintl.la (such as systems that don't
package libtool .la files).  It could be that switching to LTLIBINTL
won't work for those systems.

I'll test in the absence of libintl.la and see what happens.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              address@hidden