Re: 1.5.22 ?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: 1.5.22 ?
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 15:41:25 +0200

Hi Peter,

* Peter O'Gorman wrote on Sat, Oct 29, 2005 at 02:00:14PM CEST:
> Hi,
> I just looked at the ChangeLog on branch-1-5, there are quite a few
> changes in the last 2 months...

Yep.

> So, I could do a 1.5.22 next week sometime, or Ralf might want to,
> thoughts?

Several thoughts:
- After 1.5.20, I went through all patches Charles has incorporated in
cygwin libtool 1.5.20.  All of them were backports of CVS HEAD,
(one was fixed differently, but we sorted that out).
This was partially done on some list, partially offline.  Since
they're in cygwin libtool anyway, I want them in 1.5.22 as well.
I merely refrained from applying them in the hope 2.0 would be out
faster.  But I really hate having yet another bug report where it's
unclear whether the poster libtoolize'd with GNU or cygwin libtool.

- I have a backload of patches I want to apply, both CVS HEAD and
branch-1-5.  Most prominently Howard Chu's `-static' fix, which I've
finally been able to finish on with testing, and will apply.
But also a couple of outstanding bug reports that need patches in,
I'd like to do another sweep over the list of open bugs.

- I don't mind doing 1.5.22, or you could, whatever.  Only on weekends,
though.  Or maybe next Tuesday, it's a bank holiday over here.

- Since I only have 2-3 patches of Gary's stack left to do, I hoped to
finish them first.

I should be able to post all outstanding 1.5 stuff within the next, say,
three days.  OK?