[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: libtool rearranging library paths

From: Christopher Hulbert
Subject: Re: libtool rearranging library paths
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 06:48:13 -0500

That's what I get for not following Rule #1 (Make sure you are using the latest version).  1.5.20 seemed to fix it.  The other problem I have is I have to set FCFLAGS to -fpic so when autoconf gets the Fortran libraries to link with pgf90 puts the libso first.  Is there another way to do that?  perhaps an AC_FC_LIBRARY_LDFLAGS_PIC type macro?  I realize this is more of an autoconf question, but hoping you could help out.

On 12/2/05, Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden > wrote:
Hi Christopher,

* Christopher Hulbert wrote on Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 03:41:41AM CET:
> I have a some fortran code compiled by libtool into a static (convenience
> archive).  Later I compile a C source file into a shared library linking
> against the fortran library.  Since automake/libtool have no knowledge that
> the objects are from fortran, I add in the necessary fortran libraries.  The
> problem I get is with PIC.  libtool is changing the order of my library
> paths and picking up a non-PIC PGI fortran library.  I have fought with
> libtool for days and cannot figure out why.  I can provide the debug output
> if necessary, but here are the few commands that show the rearranging.  Note
> that in the libtool --mode=link command /usr/local/pgi/linux86-64/6.0/libso
> is before /usr/local/pgi/linux86-64/6.0/lib, but in the actual command
> executed, the order is reversed,  Also, why is libtool not passing the PIC
> flag to the pgcc command?  I told it to use PIC and it uses PIC in the
> compile stage.  NOTE that this only happens on 64-bit platform because the
> 32-bit platform has only one directory.

Please show
  /bin/sh ../libtool --version

and if that is not 1.5.20, please update the package to use 1.5.20.
We've fixed bugs in the PGI handling code.  Also please note the exact
PGI version -- they've fixed some bugs in the v6.0-5 version I believe.

If both is current, then please rerun the link command with --debug, and
send the output, preferably packed (bzip2, gzip), along with
'../libtool --config' output.

By the way:
> I have fought with libtool for days and cannot figure out why.

I'm sorry.  Next time just write a mail after a couple of hours.  ;-)


> /bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link pgcc  -O0 -Wall -g --exceptions -m64
> -g  -no-undefined -module -avoid-version -shrext .mexa64
> -Wl,--wrap,malloc,--wrap,calloc,--wrap,free,--wrap,assert -L../libislmex
> -L../libscatsmex -pthread -shared
> -Wl,--version-script,/usr/local/matlab71/extern/lib/glnxa64/
> -o -rpath
> /home/chulbert/ISLtools_v1.2/i686-pc-linux-gnu/mex/geo_mex  llh2ecef_la-
> llh2ecef.lo  -lscatsmex -L../../libscats -lscats -L../../libseke -lseke
> -L../../libscatsio -lscatsio -L/apps/lib64 -lvsip     /apps/lib64/libz.a
> -L/usr/local/pgi/linux86-64/6.0/libso -L/usr/local/pgi/linux86-64/6.0/lib
> -L/usr/lib64 -L/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.0.0 -lpgf90 -lpgf90_rpm1
> -lpgf902 -lpgf90rtl -lpgftnrtl -lnspgc -lpgc -lm -L/apps/lib64 -lvsip
> -lislmex
> -Wl,--rpath-link,/usr/local/matlab71/extern/lib/glnxa64,--rpath-link,/usr/local/matlab71/bin/glnxa64
> -L/usr/local/matlab71/bin/glnxa64 -lmx -lmex -lmat -lm -lm

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]