Re: Help: 64 Bit Solaris 10

From: Edward Maros
Subject: Re: Help: 64 Bit Solaris 10
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 11:24:51 -0800

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

* Tim Rice wrote on Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 02:25:32AM CET:
On Mon, 5 Dec 2005, Edward Maros wrote:

This may be a frequent question, but I have not been able to find a
solution yet. I am trying to port out application to 64bit using a
sparc4u running Solaris 10. The application uses
autoconf/automake/libtool/gcc for configuration and building of targets.
With my first attempt at going 64 bit, I hit a problem since libtool
seems to configure only 32bit (at least for creating shared objects). Am
I missing something that I could do to make the leap to 64 bit?
Try CC="gcc -m64" ./configure ........

Yes.  1.5.22 will also allow
 configure CC=gcc CFLAGS=-m64

or, FWIW,