Re: Solaris 10: 64-bit convienience libraries won't build 64-bit shared

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Solaris 10: 64-bit convienience libraries won't build 64-bit shared object
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 18:22:54 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, Edward Maros wrote:

I have tracked down what I believe to be a solution. When I configure my application, I use env CFLAGS=-m64 LDFLAGS="-L/ldcg/lib/sparcv9 -R/ldcg/lib/sparcv9". Inside of my configure.in, I needed to do this:

When using GCC, you should also add -m64 to LDFLAGS! Both the compiler and the linker participate in building 64-bit applications. Recent libtool uses the compiler to do the linkage, which makes the option doubly important in LDFLAGS. When GCC sees -m64 while linking, it looks for a different set of libraries.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn