Re: libltdl examples

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: Re: libltdl examples
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 20:57:55 +0100

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

Kaffe uses libltdl to load native (JNI/KNI) libraries on demand
(System.loadLibrary). The functionality is wrapped around by a
abstraction header to work on systems without libtool support,

That would be DROPS/L4Env, MACH style shared libs, NeXTStep, right?
Why not add support for these to libtool/libltdl?

Right. Good question ;)

I can ping Alexander about adding DROPS/L4Env that one has been merged (and written) recently, the DROPS/L4 port is a feature coming in for the next release.

The other two (NeXTStep, MACH) were written before my time, so I'd have to see if I can track the people down, assuming we're collecting copyright assignments and paperwork on libtool patches, right? I'd also have a hard time tracking down a machine that has NeXTStep on it, frankly ;)

cheers,
dalibor topic