RE: libltdl examples

From: Eric Lemings
Subject: RE: libltdl examples
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 14:18:24 -0700

No.

> or do you intend to load a
> "module" and use libltdl to obtain the address of functions at
> run-time?

Yes.

I'm writing a library (or collection of libraries really) that has
a "front end" interface library and several "back end" implementation
libraries.  The front end basically has a single point of entry: a
factory method that accepts a string that identifies a particular
back end.  The back end library is then dynamically loaded and used
to create the appropriate environment object.  Note, multiple back
ends can be in use at the same time.

All other objects are allocated at run-time from this environment and
all other functions are accessed from the allocated objects.

Sounds like a good design.  I just wonder if it will really work in C++.

Eric.