libtool-1.5.22 compile help

From: J_J_FUX J_J_FUX
Subject: libtool-1.5.22 compile help
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 19:31:05 -0800 (PST)

Hello people of the libtool list

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask these kind of questions but here goes .

I'm looking for some help with compiling libtool-1.5.22 as i am quite new to the friendly OSS world of linux.  I'm using debian.2.4.25-1-multimedia-k7 kernel if that's of any interest on an old 1.1GHz i386 machine . i got this from an audio distribution CD called agnula .

Ive downloaded the libtool-1.5.22.tar , working in root Ive unpacked this in /usr/src/libtool-1.5.22 . I'm i off the wrong start ?

Ive then CD to /usr/src/libtool-1.5.22 and ran ./configure , then "make"
and that's where the i get lost . here's what it says .

Making all in .
make[1]1: Entering directory '/usr/src/libtool-1.5.22'
CONFIG_FILES=libtoolize CONFIG_HEADERS= /bin/sh ./config.status
config.status: creating libtoolize
chmod +x libtoolize
make[1]1: *** No rule to make target 'libltdl/COPYING.LIB' , needed by 'all-am'.
Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/libtool-1.5.22'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Perhaps from this i might be able to be pointed towards problems i need to resolve but I'm unaware of . as it stands i don't understand what is wrong here .

The machine I'm trying to compile on has no way to access the internet so it seams this is the only way i can hope to get up and running . libtool-1.5.22 is needed to run guile-1.7.2 , witch is needed to run snd-7 (an interesting application related to digital signal processing)

Thanks for your time , any suggestions will be very constructive for me

cheers

Yahoo! Photos