Re: build problem related to libtool?

From: Axel Wernicke
Subject: Re: build problem related to libtool?
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 13:13:38 +0100

Hi,

Am 19.02.2006 um 11:51 schrieb Peter O'Gorman:

Peter O'Gorman wrote:
| Axel Wernicke wrote:
| | Hi list,
| |
| | while trying to build the latest development version of GIMP on OS X I | | got some errors. I tried to solve them with the gimp developers, but | | they told me that my problem is rather related to libtool then to the
| | gimp itself. That is why I'd like to ask for your help.
| | The command that crashes the make is:

The problem is here:
<http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gimp/app/Makefile.am?r1=1.355&r2=1.356>

I think they want to check for gnu binutils to use -rpath $ORIGIN/../lib, but I'm not sure. Right now they try to do this for OS != windows. Ick!

To make an app relocatable on Mac OS X, you have to do more work than this.
You need to link your libraries with an install_name (soname) of
@executable_path/../lib/libfoo.dylib, by far the easiest thing to do to make apps relocatable is to build as normal with -Wl,- headerpad_max_install_names ~ in LDFLAGS, then you can fix things to have the @executable_path/ bit after
build using install_name_tool(1).

Not libtool's fault, sorry, now you've got to go back to the gimp developers.

Thanks a lot for the analysis. That was really fast done. Now lets see what the GIMP people say :)

Greetings,

Axel

---
Live is like a chocolate box, you never know what you wanna get...
GPG Signatur auf http://wernicke-online.net/Impressum/ prüfen