Re: Unhelpful behaviour on Cygwin when "file" isn't installed

From: Olly Betts
Subject: Re: Unhelpful behaviour on Cygwin when "file" isn't installed
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 09:50:01 +0000 (UTC)

On 2006-02-18, Brian Dessent <address@hidden> wrote:
> If libtool currently displays somewhat degraded or broken behavior
> without 'file'

Currently it's somewhat broken, but it sounds like it'll be patched at
some point and become somewhat degraded.

> then it would be a good idea to at least add 'file' to
> this 'Devel' category in the Cygwin package DB.  This would be a rather
> simple change and I don't think there would be much trouble getting it
> done.

Does the cygwin packaging chooser have the concept of dependencies?
I've only used it briefly once some time ago, and I can't remember
much about it.  But if it does, then libtool should really depend on
file.

Cheers,
    Olly