Re: error message upgrading to newest libtool...

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: error message upgrading to newest libtool...
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 10:50:51 +0100

Hi Ed,

* Ed Hartnett wrote on Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 06:33:13PM CET:

> I got the latest libtool from the CVS and installed it. Now when I
> build my library, I get the following error:
>
> libtool: Version mismatch error.  This is libtool 2.1a, but the
> libtool: definition of this LT_INIT comes from an older release.
> libtool: You should recreate aclocal.m4 with macros from libtool 2.1a
> libtool: and run autoconf again.

> I have tried rm aclocal.m4, and autoreconf --force.

Hmm.  Please check which part is not uptodate: the m4 macros, or
ltmain.sh.  The latter may be updated with libtoolize, the former
by aclocal (or CVS libtoolize with the right options in combination
with AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR).

Make sure aclocal gets to read the directory in which the new macros
have been installed, either by running
  aclocal -I /path/to/installed/libtool/macros
or by using the `dirlist' feature (see in Automake documentation for
more about this).