Re: How configure libtool on msys/mingw

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: How configure libtool on msys/mingw
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 22:42:51 +0100

Hi Олександр,

* Красько Олександр wrote on Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 12:56:32PM CET:
> Hi all. (forgive  me for my bad English)

Your English is no problem.  But please do not cross post to so many
groups.  I removed two libtool groups from replying.  It would probably
be best to remove more, but I don't know what is best here.  I know
mingw-msys is subscribers-only.

> I must building gnunet (http://gnunet.org/hacking_win32_build.php3) in
> msys/mingw (windows xp). Libtool is thus used but after implementation
> ./configure I get ./libtool scripts for a msvc environment :

Decent Libtool support for MSVC is not done yet.  (And the previous one
has suffered from lots of bit rot, and was never any good.)

It should work to build with MSYS/GCC though without any further
changes.

> 3) # FIXME: Setting linknames here is a bad hack.
>       archive_cmds='$CC -o $lib $libobjs $compiler_flags `echo
> "$deplibs" | $SED -e '\''s/ -lc$//'\''` -link -dll~linknames='
> ##################
> I do not know that to me to do  with a variable number of 3, what
> replacement I need to conduct in place of "%-link -dll~linknames= %" (
> # FIXME: Setting linknames here is and bad hack.) and that in general
> these parameters must report ld.exe. Help me please. Without terms of
> "-link -dll~linknames=" I receive error message:
> libmingw32.a(main.o)(.text+0x106):main.c: undefined reference to
> address@hidden'

Well, yes, `-link -dll' tells it to create a DLL.  Otherwise it will try
to create a program.