Re: Porting libtool to new systems?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Porting libtool to new systems?
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 08:14:55 +0100

Hello,

* Puneet Madaan wrote on Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 07:49:38AM CET:
> Hello,
> Was just wondering according to the documentation available on libtool page
> is libtool available for MQX OS too.. its a RTOS for embedded devices...

Libtool has on specific support for MQX OS at the moment.  That means,
it should generally be possible to create static libraries, but no
shared libraries, even if the host system has a shared library concept.

If you would like to port Libtool to MQX OS, it's easiest to start with
a similar system that is already supported, and go through all the
places in libtool.m4 and ltdl.m4 marked with PORTME, and adjust them
accordingly.  If you don't know what the variables are supposed to do,
the info documentation has some helpful hints; and asking here is
always good.  Given good documentation, we may even be able to suggest
changes, which someone with access to such a system would have to test
then, though.

Please note that we need a copyright assignment or disclaimer for large
additions.