Re: Libtool and cross compiling

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Libtool and cross compiling
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 10:23:29 +0100

Hi Frank,

* Frank Meerkoetter wrote on Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 05:22:31PM CET:

> i'm trying to cross compile a library (poppler) which uses libtool.
> My problem is that libraries of the host system are picked up during
> the build and therefor it fails at the linking stage.

Yes.  Probably one of the known cross compilation issues in Libtool.
Still some questions, to be sure:

- Where is the libfontconfig that should have been used?
- How exactly did you configure the package?
- Output of ../libtool --config?  ../libtool --version?
- Does linking work if you temporarily move /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so
  out of the way (given that you have superuser permissions)?