Shared library on MinGW

From: John Pye
Subject: Shared library on MinGW
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 16:26:31 +1100

Hi all,

I just saw this thread and I have been experiencing similar problems.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool/2006-03/msg00011.html

What I'm doing is running a DLL (_ascend.dll) via Python (wrapped with
SWIG). This DLL in turn needs to load some of its own DLLs for external
plugin code.

The external plugin DLLs contain unresolved symbols that are present in
_ascend.dll and are supposed to be resolved at load-time. The symbols
are involving in 'registering' the plugin back with the main
application, and providing error reporting capabilities.

Under Linux this all works fine. Under Windows, I can't make libtool
compile my library with these unresolved symbols.

Any idea on what I'm doing wrong here?

Cheers
JP

More info:
https://pse.cheme.cmu.edu/wiki/view/Ascend/AscendProject
https://pse.cheme.cmu.edu/svn-view/ascend/code/trunk/models/johnpye/extfn/

--
John Pye
School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering