Re: Cross compiling for win32 confusion

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Cross compiling for win32 confusion
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 13:43:09 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006, Matthew Metnetsky wrote:

I'm working on a couple libraries that have been successfully compiling
via a autoconf/automake tool chain for quite some time. It also compiles
successfully under windows with MSVC, but now I'm trying to get it to
cross compile from linux to win32.

./configure appears to run fine, object compilation seems to be good
too, but linking fails.

        libtool: link: warning: undefined symbols not allowed in
        i586-pc-mingw32msvc shared libraries

Make sure that you pass the -no-undefined option to libtool. In order to use this, all dependency libraries must be specified via LDADD or in LIBS. No undefined symbols are allowed.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn