Why '-R' option doesn't support relative path?

From: Brian Lu
Subject: Why '-R' option doesn't support relative path?
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 18:05:26 +0800

Hi, experts,

I need to build Ekiga on solaris, which uses libtool to do the compiling and linking I need to set '$ORIGIN' in final executable RUNPATH. So user can install Ekiga
anywhere he likes. I uses '-R $ORIGIN' to achieve this.
But libtool told me that '-R' option doesn't support relative path.

Can someone tell me why or if there is a workaround?

Thanks

Brian