[article] trimming down autoconf's configure scripts by using pkg-config

From: Enrico 'nekrad' Weigelt
Subject: [article] trimming down autoconf's configure scripts by using pkg-config
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 18:55:18 +0100

Hi folks,

here's a little article I wrote about an approach for encapsulating
platform dependent stdc-lib fixes (ie. some platforms have broken
string handling, etc) behind pkg-config.

It is mostly directed on autoconf (It is the one I have most of my
daily trouble with), but of course the approach works with other
buildsystems, even plain make, too.

The permanent URL of the article:

* http://www.metux.de/articles/coding/trimming-down-autoconf-with-pkg-config

I'm also currently working on concrete wrapper packages:

* http://wiki.metux.de/public/OSS_QM_Taskforce/projects/stdc-pkgconfig

Comments and suggestions please to the Maillist:

 address@hidden

Thanks.

 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service

  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     address@hidden