Re: [article] trimming down autoconf's configure scripts by using pkg-co

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: [article] trimming down autoconf's configure scripts by using pkg-config
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 10:14:51 +0100

Hi John,

* John Calcote wrote on Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 02:23:27AM CET:

>    http://jcalcote.wordpress.com/2006/03/24/autotools

| My personal gripe with autotools is the stunning lack of good
| documentation for the high-level concepts of this set of tools.

If you are looking for a newer overview-style documentation, please take
a look at
http://www-src.lip6.fr/homepages/Alexandre.Duret-Lutz/autotools.html
which, despite being a tutorial, contains quite high-level passages.

Other than that, the documentation of the individual Autoconf, Automake,
and Libtool packages have improved somewhat in the CVS HEAD tree over
the last stable versions; granted, much of that is what you would call
lower-level documentation.