Re: Libtool 2.1a ported to SkyOS, how to test?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Libtool 2.1a ported to SkyOS, how to test?
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 16:49:59 +0200

Hi Robert,

* Robert Szeleney wrote on Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 04:13:21PM CEST:

> Being unable to './bootstrap' libtool 1.9 because of various autoconf
> errors I just tried to ported libtool 2.1a (the daily CVS version).

Erm.  Did you mean 1.5 instead of 1.9?  Because 1.9 is dead; branch-1-5
and HEAD are alive.

> Fortunately ./bootstrap works without any problems there. I also added
> all SkyOS modifications to libtool.m4 and run ./configure;make;make check.

Good.  Please post the output of `make check' and your changes to
support SkyOS (to libtool-patches).

> The testsuite predicts that the 'shared' tests finished successfully. My
> question is now, how can I test other packages, for instance libcairo,
> with these modifications?
> What is the prefered why to tell cairo that there is new libtool now?

Probably either cairo has a `bootstrap' script to achieve that, or you
can call `autoreconf -vif' or similarly.  Make sure autoconf, automake
and libtool are all installed below the same prefix, otherwise you have
to make sure aclocal finds the libtool macros (by using its dirlist
feature).