Re: noinst_bindir

From: Olly Betts
Subject: Re: noinst_bindir
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 13:35:37 +0100

On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 08:18:34AM -0400, Bob Rossi wrote:
> Is there any difference between using abs_top_builddir vs top_builddir?

The former has an absolute path, while the latter may not (in fact for
builddir I think it never will; for srcdir, the non-abs_ versions may
also in fact be absolute).

> Will things stop working for my users that used to work?

I don't think it would, but it's always wise to test changes...

> Finally, is this a bug that libtool doesn't handle relative paths?

I'm not sure my opinion counts for much, but I'd tend to think it's a
feature rather than a bug (for installation paths that is).

Cheers,
    Olly