Re: Libtool apparantly removing path parameters on FreeBSD

From: Olly Betts
Subject: Re: Libtool apparantly removing path parameters on FreeBSD
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 14:38:08 +0000 (UTC)

On 2006-05-10, Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> wrote:
> - there was actually a regression in 1.5.22 over 1.5.20 which caused
>   some paths to be incorrectly removed on FreeBSD and some other BSD
>   variants.  Has since been fixed in CVS branch-1-5 (and HEAD).

Is there likely to be a 1.5.24 release soon?

I've just spent a while trying to extract that patch from CVS to see if
it fixed so odd build issues I've been seeing on some of the BSDs, but
it appears to be impossible to do without a very recent CVS which allows
you to diff between two dates on a branch (1.12.12.1 can, but 1.12.9
can't and that's the version in debian unstable!)  I'm not especially
keen to install CVS from source just to extract a patch!

I can probably track the patch down on the libtool patches list (and
hope that the latest version posted was close to that applied) but I
noticed from the ChangeLog that there are a number of other fixes which
sound useful, and that it's been longer since 1.5.22 than between other
recent releases, so I was wondering if a release was imminent.

Cheers,
    Olly