Re: AM_FCFLAGS not working as I expect...

From: Alan W. Irwin
Subject: Re: AM_FCFLAGS not working as I expect...
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 15:10:49 -0700 (PDT)

On 2006-05-15 15:23-0700 Alan W. Irwin wrote:

Once the configure script worked properly, I followed with make, make
install, and a build and execution of our 96 test plot examples which gave
identical results to our standard PLplot tree (without your patch or mine)
and libtool-1.5.22.

This is not a complete test since my test system did not have development
versions of free java, octave, and tcl (some of our additional interfaces to
PLplot) installed.

Hi Ralf:

I just tried another test on a system with free java, octave, and tcl, and
all the configuration changes other than those in cf/bootstrap.sh (which
uses the libtoolize --install option which is specific to CVS libtool) and
cf/libtool.ac (which uses some macros which are specific to CVS libtool)
work well with libtool-1.5.22.  Thus, I have cvs committed all your changes
other than in those two files to the official PLplot CVS repository.

So now only a tiny patch (concerning cf/bootstrap.sh and cf/libtool.ac) is
required to change CVS HEAD PLplot from compatibility with libtool-1.5.22 to
compatibility with CVS libtool.  When I applied that patch, the CVS libtool
results were good on my system with free java, octave, and tcl.

Thus, CVS libtool is looking good for us on two different systems now and
only a small change is required to move the current CVS HEAD version of
PLplot from libtool-1.5.22 to CVS libtool.

Thanks for helping to make this possible.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

package (plplot.org); the Yorick front-end to PLplot (yplot.sf.net); the
Loads of Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project
(lbproject.sf.net).

Linux-powered Science