Re: MSVC Support

From: Erik de Castro Lopo
Subject: Re: MSVC Support
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 18:28:42 +1000

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

> Hi Brendon,
>
> * Brendon Costa wrote on Fri, May 19, 2006 at 09:29:10AM CEST:
> >
> >     I am not sure if this information will be helpful or not, but in
> > order to make compiling with MSVC a bit more simple (I have this
> > project going without libtool) I have created some wrappers similar to
> > the one found at cccl.sourceforge.net

I wasn't aware of that tool. It has a few deficiencies, but I'm
sure these could all be overcome.

> Surely that is very helpful.  Is there a reason you're not contributing
> them to cccl though?

It seems the original author hasn't touched the program since 2001.
I've sent him email offering to take it over and maintain/ improve
it.

> If OTOH your wrappers are good enough to wrap all libtool-needed
> functionality in a way such that it looks like GCC, well, then Libtool
> may just work out of the box with it.  :-)

We'll see :-).

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo
"Capitalism is an art form, an Apollonian fabrication to rival nature.
It is hypocritical for feminists and intellectuals to enjoy the pleasures
and conveniences of capitalism while sneering at it. Everyone born into
capitalism has incurred a debt to it."
-- Camille Paglia