Re: Conditional Configuration

From: Paulo J. Matos
Subject: Re: Conditional Configuration
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 17:23:55 +0100

On 25/05/06, Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Paulo,

* Paulo J. Matos wrote on Thu, May 25, 2006 at 05:06:29PM CEST:

> I have defined a feature as follows in configure.ac:
> AC_ARG_ENABLE([static-modules],
> AC_HELP_STRING([--enable-static-modules], [link dynamic  modules with
> static linkage (default is NO)]), enable_static_modules=yes,
> enable_static_modules=no)
>
> And I'm doing:
> if test "${enable_static_modules}" = "no"; then
> AC_LIBTOOL_DLOPEN
> fi
>
> But this is not working, any idea on how I can achieve this?

This is a Libtool question.

Sorry, though it was autoconf issue. Moving to libtool mailing list.

Please provide more information:
what is not working, and how is it not working?  You did put
this before AC_PROG_LIBTOOL as documented, right?

I have:
if test "${enable_static_modules}" = "no"; then
AC_LIBTOOL_DLOPEN
fi
AC_PROG_LIBTOOL

And then during configure:
./configure: line 3871: syntax error near unexpected token `fi'
./configure: line 3871: `fi'

Around line 3871 I have:
if test "${enable_static_modules}" = "no"; then

fi /* LINE 3871*/

Which is empty...

Sorry for the lack of information in the initial report but I though
it was an obvious issue on my side.

Cheers,

Paulo Matos

For improved forward-compatibility, write
  AS_IF([test "${enable_static_modules}" = no],
    [AC_LIBTOOL_DLOPEN])

although that should not matter in this particular case.

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at sat inesc-id pt
Web: http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm
Computer and Software Engineering
INESC-ID - SAT Group