Re: No LT_GLOBAL flag in dlopen on debian?

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: No LT_GLOBAL flag in dlopen on debian?
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 00:35:04 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

Libltdl is a portability library rather than a full-featured
replacement for dlopen() as provided by platform 'X'.

Well, there are arguments for both choices here.  We could look into
allowing choice here in some way.  (No, I don't have a good idea.)

It would be wrong to encourage the development of non-portable applications using libltdl. If someone needs to develop a non-portable application that relies on OS-specific features, they can just use dlopen(). Dlopen() is not difficult to use.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn