RTLD_NOW in libltdl

From: Paulo J. Matos
Subject: RTLD_NOW in libltdl
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 15:37:37 +0100

Hi all,

How can I use libltdl with RTLD_NOW. I would like to apply the
self-registration by the module used in:
http://www2.linuxjournal.com/article/3687

but I need to use RTLD_NOW. I could drop libltdl and use dlopen
directly but I do not want that. Any ideas?

One thing that occured to me, if RTLD_NOW is not available in libltdl,
is that I could instead of having a proxy which is run when module is
loaded, I could have a registration procedure that the interface
defines and then I would call it to register the module after dlopen.
That rises another issue in my architecture. I would like to be able
to statically compile the plugins into the binary and that would not
work anymore since it would probably generate duplicate definitions
while linking.

Any ideas?

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at sat inesc-id pt
Web: http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm
Computer and Software Engineering
INESC-ID - SAT Group