Re: GCC with '-threads' on SOLARIS not supported by ltmain.sh

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: GCC with '-threads' on SOLARIS not supported by ltmain.sh
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 10:42:21 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

I suggest that you read the threads(3THR) manual page for Solaris.
It will become clear within the first paragraph.  I promise!

I read that, and it's not clear to me.  Please be more explicit
why we should not let '-threads' through.  ;-)

I think that it is fine to let -threads through, but it is not strictly required for Solaris.

UI threads are way outdated now. They were effectively replaced by pthreads in 1996.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn