Re: Multiple definitions on Darwin, using convenience libs

From: Peter O'Gorman
Subject: Re: Multiple definitions on Darwin, using convenience libs
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 21:44:39 +0900

On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 12:13 +0200, Florian Schricker wrote:

> Also I found that there where a lot of typedefs for the templates across
> many headers, which got included by many cpp-files, so I moved them to
> the cpp-files, too. I'm not sure, whether a line like
>
>       typedef cTplSet<G_edge> cEdgeSet;
>
> in a header included by many cpp-files causes these "multiple
> definition" error, but it's working now.
>
> Sorry again that I have no error logs around anymore...

I actually worked with someone else on a similar problem last week. In
that case Andrew Pinski pointed out to me that the problem was multiple
explicit template initializations. i.e. Stuff like:

template class someClass<std::string>;

in a header that is included in multiple source files.

Sounds like that may have been Florian's issue too? Anyway, I got
involved in that one because it seemed like it may be libtool's problem
there too, but it wasn't. I don't believe that this case is libtool's
fault either.

Peter