Re: -dlopen self and optimizing away symbols

From: Howard Chu
Subject: Re: -dlopen self and optimizing away symbols
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:48:33 -0700

Albert Chin wrote:
On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 08:22:08AM +0200, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

But anyway, if you have other modules, you should specify
-export-dynamic, I think.  At least I can't infer from the above snippet
that `-dlopen self' would be sufficient.  What do you think?

I agree. I think the program in question should be linked with
`-export-dynamic'. I'll ping the developers and try to find out why
they're using `-dlopen self'. In any case, we need to find a fix as
`-dlopen self' works on AIX but `-export-dynamic' does not.

We used to use both, but dropped -export-dynamic because it seemed to misbehave. Those changes are way back in the mists of time.

--
  -- Howard Chu