Re: Problem with '-L' switch.

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Problem with '-L' switch.
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 13:50:05 +0200

Hello Vaclav,

* Vaclav Havlik wrote on Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 12:23:21PM CEST:
> I works!  I mean
> 1. correcting '/usr/lib/' --> '/usr/lib' in sys_lib_search_path_spec
> and
> 2. the patch. (I copied it by hand, I probably made a mistake when
> trying to use patch utility).

Good.  At least now we know what the error is.

> The local 'libtool' script is generated by 'configure' script via
> ltmain.sh, if I am right.

Yes.

> I corrected all 'ltmain.sh' under /usr/share/libtool according to the
> patch (2.),

This should help you.  I still need to think a bit whether we can apply
this to the Libtool sources, because there is a small chance that it
could break somebody else's builds.

> but I still can't find where to correct (1.).

I'm working on a patch for libtool.m4.

> I tried /usr/bin/libtool in case it was a
> skeleton, but it is not. Can you tell me? Or, is it complicated
> enough, so better just patch the local script?

libtool is created from the configure script by means of some tests and
the ltmain.sh file.  The configure tests come partly from Autoconf, and
partly from macros distributed with Libtool in the files libtool.m4 and
ltdl.m4 (and possibly more).  You should be able to find them in
/usr/share/aclocal.

Please note that the current stable release of Libtool is 1.5.22.