Re: Hardcoding paths.

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Hardcoding paths.
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 14:31:48 +0200

* Duft Markus wrote on Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 12:08:52PM CEST:

> = Searching for hardcoded library directories in each program
> .libs was not hardcoded in `hc-direct', as libtool expected
> .libs was not hardcoded in `hc-libflag', which fooled libtool
> .libs was not hardcoded in `hc-libpath', as libtool expected
> .libs was not hardcoded in `hc-minusL', as libtool expected
> FAIL: hardcode.test
>
> Err... When hardcoding is unsupported, why the ... Does libtool expect
> hardcoded paths? Libtool looks like this:
>
> hardcode_action=unsupported
> hardcode_into_libs=yes

As you rightly note, hardcode_into_libs should be set to no.

> hardcode_libdir_flag_spec="\${wl}-rpath,\$libdir"

Well, I assume wgcc just throws away `-Wl,-rpath', right?
So this setting is not honest: it's not really possible to hardcode
paths into outputs on w32.  But fixing this requires other fixes in
ltmain before that, see this thread for more details:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool-patches/2006-09/msg00010.html