Re: Cygwin/MinGW cross-compilation issue

From: Ralph Schleicher
Subject: Re: Cygwin/MinGW cross-compilation issue
Date: 08 Dec 2006 20:00:51 +0100

Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> writes:

> * Ralph Schleicher wrote on Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 10:47:50PM CET:
> >
> > is there any reason why /lib/w32api is not part of the system library
> > search path when cross-compiling on Cygwin for MinGW?
>
> I don't know.  What libraries exist below /lib/w32api?

The import libraries for the Windows system libraries (except msvcrt),
that is the libraries you have to link against when calling any of the
w32api functions.  These libraries are shared between Cygwin and MingW
the same way as the associated /usr/include/w32api header files.

> Is that path valid under a Cygwin shell only (so we should add it only
> when $host_os matches mingw* and $build_os matches cygwin*) or also
> under a MinGW shell?

I'm talking about the former, see the subject.  There is no such thing
like a MinGW shell.  If you mean MSYS, mingw-gcc is a native compiler
and not a cross-compiler and all libraries (msvcrt and w32api) reside
in /mingw/lib.

Regards,

--
Ralph