Re: Linking against static instead of shared libs

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Linking against static instead of shared libs
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 13:23:28 +0100

* Benoit Sigoure wrote on Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 11:00:00AM CET:

> libtool.config (output of ./libtool --config) and libtool.log (--debug
> trace) are available at:
> http://www.tsunanet.net/~tsuna/libtool-static.tar.bz2

Thanks.  You use '-static -all-static'.  What happens if you omit
'-static' here (no need for --debug output)?

It seems to me you've found a bug.  libtool doesn't cope with more than
one argument from the list (last one is for CVS):
  -shared | -all-static | -static | -static-libtool-libs

because we break the argument loop after the first found one.
Not yet sure whether that was added there for a purpose (but in that
case exclusiveness would have to be documented, and should be warned
about as well).