linking a module for a testcase

From: Simon Richter
Subject: linking a module for a testcase
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 16:36:57 +0100

Hello,

I'm trying to write testcases for a plugin loader (basically a C++ wrapper around ltdl that takes care of registering the new creators in the factories), and for this, I need to link a plugin that is then supposed to be loaded from the testcases.

For some reason, libtool builds said plugin static-only, probably because automake passes a hint about that. Obviously, I'd need shared-only with a fallback on static-only for systems that need to dlpreopen. I could even live with both shared and static modules being built :-) . Is there any way to tell libtool "Yes, I know this thing is not going to be installed, but I'd like to have a shared library anyway."?

   Simon