1.5 bootstrap problems

From: Eric Blake
Subject: 1.5 bootstrap problems
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 15:53:53 +0000 (UTC)

Some recent change to the 1.5 branch of libtool caused make to enter an
infinite loop trying to generate config.status based on what I had lying around
from previous incremental builds, and I gave up and just bootstrapped a clean
checkout instead.  In the process, I discovered that bootstrapping the branch
is not 'make -j2' clean:

Making all in .
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/eblake/libtool-branch'
rm -f ltmain.shT
CONFIG_FILES=libtoolize CONFIG_HEADERS= /bin/sh ./config.status
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `libltdl/ltmain.sh', needed by `all-am'.
Stop.
date=`/bin/sh ./mkstamp < ./ChangeLog` && \
        sed -e 's/@''PACKAGE@/libtool/' -e 's/@''VERSION@/1.5.23a/' \
            -e "s%@""address@hidden" ./ltmain.in > ltmain.shT
mv -f ltmain.shT ltmain.sh || \
        (rm -f ltmain.sh && cp ltmain.shT ltmain.sh && rm -f ltmain.shT)
cp ltmain.sh ./libltdl/
config.status: creating libtoolize
chmod +x libtoolize
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/eblake/libtool-branch'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

--
Eric Blake