program fails if built in source tree (was: GNU Libtool 1.5.23b released

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: program fails if built in source tree (was: GNU Libtool 1.5.23b released (alpha release).)
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 23:23:20 +0100

Hello Haibin,
Apologies for the delay.
Let's keep this discussion on the libtool list only.
On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 06:22:53PM +0800, haibin zhang wrote:
HI ,
I have tested  1.5.23b in mingw in Windows XP, but I still find the bug of
libtool.
The bug is : If I build my project in directory same as source code directory, the built file can't be run.

I've taken a look at your package, but not tried to compile it
(due to the list of dependencies). One bug I see is that you use things like
unitTest_LDFLAGS   = -L$(top_builddir)/src -lhbstock2 $(CPPUNIT_LD_INC)
unitTest_DEPENDENCIES = $(top_builddir)/src/libhbstock2.la
This isn't right.  For libraries built in the same package, you should
just use the .la file name as dependencies in *_LDADD.  Then Automake
will compute the *_DEPENDENCIES automatically for you, and also libtool
will do the right thing. Like this: unitTest_LDADD = $(top_builddir)/src/libhbstock2.la $(CPPUNIT_LD_INC) similar with the other programs.
Does that fix the failure?  If not, then please post the output of
make clean; make for the setup that fails (source tree == build tree).