Re: Conditional building of Modules

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Conditional building of Modules
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 00:48:04 +0200

* Nicholas J Humfrey wrote on Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 04:54:13PM CEST:

> I have been having problems with building modules to be installed
> into pkglibdir automatically, but I have been having problems using
> pkglib_LTLIBRARIES and EXTRA_LTLIBRARIES to work together. Instead I
> have been using lib_LTLIBRARIES and EXTRA_LTLIBRARIES and setting rpath.

Sounds good to me.  Try this (AC_SUBST(MODULE_LIST), and use
$(pkglibdir) which is provided for you).

> lib_LTLIBRARIES = @MODULE_LIST@

With this line you're lying to automake -- it should be
pkglib_LTLIBRARIES.

FWIW, please note that -framework is specific to darwin (I guess you
knew that).

Hope that helps.

configure.ac:
AC_INIT(mpg123,1,address@hidden)
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(foreign)
AC_PROG_CC
AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
MODULE_LIST="mod_coreaudio.la mod_dummy.la mod_jack.la"
AC_SUBST(MODULE_LIST)
AC_CONFIG_FILES(Makefile)
AC_OUTPUT

Makefile.am:
pkglib_LTLIBRARIES = @MODULE_LIST@
EXTRA_LTLIBRARIES = \
        mod_coreaudio.la \
        mod_dummy.la \
        mod_jack.la \
        mod_portaudio.la \
        mod_pulse.la
mod_coreaudio_la_SOURCES = coreaudio.c
mod_coreaudio_la_LDFLAGS = -module -rpath $(pkglibdir) \
        -framework AudioToolbox \
        -framework AudioUnit \
        -framework CoreServices

mod_dummy_la_SOURCES = dummy.c
mod_dummy_la_LDFLAGS = -module

mod_pulse_la_SOURCES = pulse.c
mod_pulse_la_CFLAGS  = @PULSE_CFLAGS@
mod_pulse_la_LDFLAGS = -module -rpath $(pkglibdir) @PULSE_LDFLAGS@
mod_pulse_la_LIBADD  = @PULSE_LIBS@

mod_jack_la_SOURCES = jack.c
mod_jack_la_CFLAGS  = @JACK_CFLAGS@
mod_jack_la_LDFLAGS = -module -rpath $(pkglibdir) @JACK_LDFLAGS@
mod_jack_la_LIBADD  = @JACK_LIBS@

mod_portaudio_la_SOURCES = portaudio.c
mod_portaudio_la_LDFLAGS = -module -rpath $(pkglibdir)
mod_portaudio_la_LIBADD  = -lportaudio