Re: Wrong libstdc++ picked

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Wrong libstdc++ picked
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 22:57:52 +0200

Hello Vishal,

Thanks for the report.

* Vishal Soni-G20083 wrote on Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 03:14:43PM CEST:

> This is the typical problem faced by many users, but I'm unable to find
> concrete answer to the problem on the forum.

Please read the recent thread starting at
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool/2007-04/msg00043.html>.
By going through the questions I asked Liviu and answering them,
you (or we) can find out whether the underlying bug is the same or not.
Please provide those information as well.

> But still at one point of time I'm getting libtool is picking libstdc++
> from /usr/lib instead of the path provided with "-L".

One hacky workaround I suppose it to temporarily remove
/usr/lib/libstdc++.la (only the .la file, not the actual library or any
symlinks to it).  Sorry Liviu for not mentioning this earlier, I think
this would work for your case as well.

Thanks,