Re: libtool dll creation (mingw32 undefined symbols)

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: libtool dll creation (mingw32 undefined symbols)
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 08:13:09 +0200

Hello John,

in addition to Brian's answer:

* John Brown wrote on Sat, Apr 28, 2007 at 04:39:33PM CEST:

> Should I tell the libamrnb maintainer that configure needs to add
> -no-undefined
> on Windows,

Yes, you should.

> or Windows users should configure with LDFLAGS=-no-undefined?

No.  Because configure also uses LDFLAGS for links without libtool (for
example AC_CHECK_LIB), which would then likely fail with a linker error
(because it does not understand -no-undefined).  A decent workaround
would be
  ./configure
  make LDFLAGS=-no-undefined

> I just want to know if this behaviour is a bug or a feature.

Intended, so not a bug.

Hope that helps.