Avoiding compiler warnings/errors with function pointers

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: Avoiding compiler warnings/errors with function pointers
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 10:55:06 +0200 (CEST)

I have a line of code like this:

   if ((l_fn = lt_dlsym(l_st->lth, "ladspa_descriptor")) == NULL) {

where l_fn is a function pointer. gcc says:

ladspa.c: In function 'sox_ladspa_getopts':
ladspa.c:114: warning: ISO C forbids assignment between function pointer and
'void *'

There's no problem with this on my machine with my compiler settings, but if I wanted to write strictly conforming ISO C it looks like I'd have a problem; equally if I wanted this code to run on a machine where void * was not compatible with a function pointer.

Is there some way to avoid this problem?

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org/ | resident, a.  unable to leave (Bierce)