Mac OS X isysroot and lib dependencies

From: Heikki Lindholm
Subject: Mac OS X isysroot and lib dependencies
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 11:16:52 +0300

Hello,

I'm trying to build a libtoolized project in a Mac OS X SDK using the appropriate -isysroot/-syslibroot flags, but libtool seems to fail when there's a library installed in the SDK, say /home/MySDK/usr/local/lib, with dependencies in the .la file, such as dependency_libs='/usr/local/lib/libintl.la',
which only exist in the SDK. The error I get from libtool is:

grep: /usr/local/lib/libintl.la: No such file or directory
sed: /usr/local/lib/libintl.la: No such file or directory
libtool: link: `/usr/local/lib/libintl.la' is not a valid libtool archive

It seems that libtool isn't correctly prepending the SDK path from -syslibroot to the dependency_libs' .la file.

Is this problem fixed in some specific version of libtool or am I forgetting some flags somewhere? I'm quite unfamiliar with autotools. The compilation flags I'm using are straight from Apple's recommendations:

SDK_CFLAGS="-isysroot ${BUILD_SDK}"
SDK_LDFLAGS="-isysroot ${BUILD_SDK} -Wl,-syslibroot,${BUILD_SDK}"

Regards,
 Heikki Lindholm