Re: Mac OS X isysroot and lib dependencies

From: Heikki Lindholm
Subject: Re: Mac OS X isysroot and lib dependencies
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 12:00:22 +0300

Peter O'Gorman kirjoitti:
On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 18:23 +0300, Heikki Lindholm wrote:

Peter O'Gorman kirjoitti:

On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 11:16 +0300, Heikki Lindholm wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to build a libtoolized project in a Mac OS X SDK using the appropriate -isysroot/-syslibroot flags, but libtool seems to fail when there's a library installed in the SDK, say /home/MySDK/usr/local/lib, with dependencies in the .la file, such as dependency_libs='/usr/local/lib/libintl.la',
which only exist in the SDK. The error I get from libtool is:

I don't remember if I fixed this yet. Are you creating your own SDKs?
Apple's SDKs do not contain any .la files.

Yes, I'm creating a custom SDK to overcome problems linking to my own libs in Xcode (which basically fails when the libs are outside syslibroot.) I couldn't find another sensible way.

Ok. The fix that I had earlier proposed on the -patches list would not
fix this situation, it only dealt with the Apple SDKs (which do not
have .la files, unlike /). Looks like a real fix is needed for this
situation :(

The linking with Xcode should not fail with libs outside the sysroot, I
think that you may have some problem with your Xcode setup, you can ask
for help with that on Apple's Xcode-users list
<http://lists.apple.com/mailman/listinfo/xcode-users>.

To fix this issue, it is easiest to rm all the .la files in your SDK.

That did the trick. Thanks.

-- Heikki Lindholm