Re: Profiling a library built with libtool

From: Joseph Wakeling
Subject: Re: Profiling a library built with libtool
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 18:43:20 +0200

Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> The profiling support might not be thread safe.  While it may seem
> counter-productive to program tuning, it is usually recommended to use
> limited optimization, or no optimization at all.

I have an option for my program to use no threads and the same results
were produced.  Incidentally, this earlier comment,

> and functions showed up on the profiling list
> that _shouldn't have been called_, while ones which _should_ have been
> weren't.

was a reference to that, and was incorrect.  The right functions show
up, just not any within the library.

If I try to run gprof on the library file itself, I just get the output,

/: Success

Anyway, my guess is I've exhausted libtool-related queries so I'll take
this over to the gprof people and ask their advice.  Thanks to everyone
for your helpful comments!