Re: force shared noinst_LTLIBRARIES?

From: David Fang
Subject: Re: force shared noinst_LTLIBRARIES?
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 00:09:41 -0400 (EDT)

> On Thu, July 26, 2007 01:20, David Fang wrote:
> >     I wasn't able to find an answer for this in the libtool/automake
> > manuals: Is there a way to force libtool (with automake) to create the
> > shared version of an uninstalled library?  I would like to use libtool to
> > create local shared libraries as plug-in/modules to another executable.
>
> Add something like '-rpath /nowhere' to:
>
> > foo_la_LDFLAGS = -module

Works like a charm, thanks!  This seems like a nice application to
document.  Now that I know what to search for ("rpath"), I do see hints in
the Automake and Libtool manuals about passing -rpath explicitly for
EXTRA_LTLIBRARIES.  There seem to be warnings NOT to pass -rpath for
noinst-convenience libraries, however this seems like a reasonable
rationale for passing -rpath.

David