How to create a dll to link to a static library in mingw in Windows XP

From: haibin zhang
Subject: How to create a dll to link to a static library in mingw in Windows XP
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 16:16:53 +0800 (CST)

Hi all:
I want to create a dll in mingw (for example :
zhb.dll),but  this dll must link to a static
library(libcrypto.a), libcrypto.a don't have dll
library(libcrypto.dll). when I make it , libtool told
me :

*** Warning: Trying to link with static lib archive
/mingw/lib/libcrypto.a.
*** I have the capability to make that library
automatically link in when
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this
if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not
appear to have
*** because the file extensions .a of this argument
makes me believe
*** that it is just a static archive that I should not
used here.

Can I create a dll to link to a static library, if
can't , how can resolve this problem

Regards

Zhang HaiBin

抢注雅虎免费邮箱3.5G容量,20M附件!